All C.E. Classes will be presented at the StarFire Golf Club after the Membership Monthly Luncheons (1:15 – 2:15PM) unless otherwise noted.
Each C.E. Class counts towards 1 Hour of credit and costs $10 for members and $20 for non-members unless otherwise noted.
** Friday, January 25, 2019 CE class event details: 8am to Noon – NAIFA -AZ presents – 4 hours of CE – Free to Members – Non-Members $50
Location: MassMutual, Grand Canyon Room – 11001 North Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix – Contact Patty Chesebrough 480-661-6393.
|Event Date||C.E. After Lunch Program||Moderator|
|9/19/2018||“The Top 5 Life Insurance Plans Every Insurance and Financial Professional MUST Know” –|
This course will discuss the living benefits offered by certain policies and help you determine how much insurance you will actually need along with a discussion about how much is needed based upon various income levels and role of taxes in life insurance plans.
|10/17/2018||Annuities for Accumulation & Distribution||Barry Cook , CLU|
|11/13/2018||“Year-End Client Strategies”
NAIFA member and MDRT Top of the Table advisor Keith Gillies shares insights and proven experience on how you can leverage year-end planning strategies to help your clients minimize taxes, review and revise their existing insurance and financial planning documents, and
|David Kroll, CLU, ChFC|
|12/05/2018||No Scheduled C.E. this month|
|1/25/2019||Social Security – Presented by Robin C. Mueller, LUTCF
Get comprehensive information about, and potential changes to, Social Security”: benefits, taxes, law changes, retirement, cost of living disability, survivors benefits. Be updated on proposed changes to keep social security solvent for the next 75 years. Early retirement and delayed retirement covered in depth. Learn how to qualify for social security as well as the three areas of taxation. Become better able to advise your clients! This is an updated presentation which Robin recently presented at MDRT
|Robin C. Muller|
|2//2019||No CE scheduled this month|
|3//2019||No CE scheduled this month|
|4//2019||No CE scheduled this month|
|5/16/2018||No CE scheduled this month|
AZ Department of Insurance has updated their website to include the new continuing education information. For information, please visit azinsurance.gov/producers/prod_remain_ce.html.
- A bulletin is being prepared to go to all current insurance producers with an explanation about the new requirements.
- The law is effective as of January 2014, and will apply to all licenses that are issued or renewed on and after that date. It will not affect currently active terms that expire after January 1,2014 until the next license term.
How will this work:If you are currently licensed and your renewal falls after 2014 then you will have 4 years to complete 48 hours of CE credit. For example: Your license renewal date is April 1,2016:
- If you have had a non residence license then you would need 40 CE credits. After that, on April 1, 2020, you will need to have 48 CE credits completed to renew your license.
- If you have never been required to secure CE credits in the past then given the same renewal date above, you would renew your license on April 1, 2016 as always and then as of April 1, 2020 you will need to have completed 48 hours of CE credits.
- If you acquire a new license on February 1,2014 and your birthday is in April then you would have until your birth month (your renewal date is always the last day of the birth month) 3-4 years later, April 30, 2017, to complete 48 CE credits.