Schedule 2017 – 2018
All C.E. Classes will be presented at the StarFire Golf Club after the Membership Monthly Luncheons (1:15 – 2:15PM) unless otherwise noted.
Each C.E. Class counts towards 1 Hour of credit and costs $10 for members and $20 for non-members unless otherwise noted.
|Event Date||C.E. After Lunch Program||Moderator|
|9/20/2017||Ten Most Common Life Insurance Mistakes and How to Avoid Them||Barry Cook|
|10/13/2017||3-hour C.E. Event at MassMutual-AZ|
Estate Planning for Small Business Owners and Professionals – 2 hours
Cornucopia of Retirement Plans – 1 hour
|11/15/2017||Using Home Equity in Retirement|
|12/06/2017||No Scheduled C.E. this month|
|1/17/2018||No Scheduled C.E. this month|
|2/21/2018||Long Term Care – Newest – 1 hour||Dave Chittenden|
|3/21/2018||Watch for details – T/B/D|
|4/18/2018||Final Expense Insurance – 1-hour|
|5/16/2018||Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation|
AZ Department of Insurance has updated their website to include the new continuing education information. For information, please visit azinsurance.gov/producers/prod_remain_ce.html.
- A bulletin is being prepared to go to all current insurance producers with an explanation about the new requirements.
- The law is effective as of January 2014, and will apply to all licenses that are issued or renewed on and after that date. It will not affect currently active terms that expire after January 1,2014 until the next license term.
How will this work:If you are currently licensed and your renewal falls after 2014 then you will have 4 years to complete 48 hours of CE credit. For example: Your license renewal date is April 1,2016:
- If you have had a non residence license then you would need 40 CE credits. After that, on April 1, 2020, you will need to have 48 CE credits completed to renew your license.
- If you have never been required to secure CE credits in the past then given the same renewal date above, you would renew your license on April 1, 2016 as always and then as of April 1, 2020 you will need to have completed 48 hours of CE credits.
- If you acquire a new license on February 1,2014 and your birthday is in April then you would have until your birth month (your renewal date is always the last day of the birth month) 3-4 years later, April 30, 2017, to complete 48 CE credits.